General Order Processing, Shipping & What to Expect
Thank you for choosing HandPicked Online for your shopping needs.
We appreciate your business and are excited for you to receive your HandPicked items! If you have any questions about your order, please reach out to us at email@example.com or by phone at 803-252-2121.
All HandPicked online orders (including In Store Pick-Ups) are processed in the order they are received during our normal warehouse business hours, Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Please note that In Store Pick Up orders take a minimum of 24 hours to process unless otherwise arranged. If you need an item right away, it is best to call the store in advance to arrange your purchase and pick up time.
Personalized orders, including monogram and embroidery, have custom ship dates depending on the product chosen. The shipping method (regular or priority) will only affect your shipping time once your order has been processed and completed by our monogram department. Engraved jewelry typically ships within 7 business days, while all other personalized items take anywhere from 10 business days to 8 weeks to complete. Please see the Monogram Category Tab for expected ship dates or contact a HandPicked store with additional questions.
Once your online order has been submitted, it goes into "awaiting shipment" status while it is being processed. You will receive a Confirmation Email once you complete your order for processing and again with shipping notification. A tracking number will be sent once your order has been fulfilled or a notification confirming shipment to the store when it is "on the way" to the store location for in store pickup. For all standard orders, the HandPicked team works efficiently to carefully prepare your orders to ship within 2-5 business days and you should expect to receive your items within 5-7 business days.
Once you receive your HP goodies, please check the package thoroughly and remove your ordered items. If you notice any missing items, please check the packaging and tissue thoroughly (sometimes small items tend to hide, especially if larger items are included or if they shifted during shipping). Contact us immediately if there is a discrepancy (within 24 hours of receiving) Due diligence for accuracy was completed prior to shipping your order before it left our warehouse and we can review the shipment and transfer to track the items and/or help you file a claim with the carrier if needed.
Now, before you carefully remove any tags or wear your items ~ it's time for a style/fit check! What do you think? We hope you are fully satisfied with everything, but we do understand that sometimes things are not always a perfect fit. That's why we offer a Merchandise Exchange Policy. Please review our Merchandise Exchange Policy.
- Exchanges will be accepted within 14 days of original purchase for unworn, unused jewelry items and within 7 days for unworn apparel and other qualifying items. No money will be returned to you, only exchanges for merchandise or a store credit. Store credits will be used within 60 days of issue. All sales are final on monogram items, items discounted 40% or more, and clearance items.
HandPicked is committed to building a dedicated customer relationship and helping you enhance your personal style at all ages and for all occasions. This includes providing you with the best possible service in each unique shopping situation. We are so thankful to you for the past 35 years and look forward to an epic year in 2024! We hope you enjoy your HandPicked items, the new and exciting things in store and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any special requests, questions or concerns.
XXO, Sonya & the HandPicked Team
Additional Information with some frequently asked questions:
HandPicked is currently operating 2 Store locations and an online store:
- 5135 Sunset Blvd at Lexington Pavilion 803-996-1266
- New Columbia (Irmo) Location - 270 Harbison Blvd at Harbison Court between Marshalls & Ross (formerly 150C Harbison Blvd) 803-749-6024
Sold Out/Backordered Items
From time to time, items sell out due to store and online inventory being limited. You will be informed via email connected to your online account within 72 hours if an item you purchased is sold out or on back order and cannot be fulfilled in a timely manner. In this situation, you will be refunded if there is not a suitable mutually agreed upon replacement and the order status will be changed to Refunded or Canceled.
HandPicked carries limited stock on certain items and prides itself on being a boutique for unique, limited quantity jewelry designs. Online & Store Sales and promotions are rare on particular items and vary for certain products. Price adjustments will NOT be made for previously purchased merchandise and are only honored at the time of the sale. All sales and prices are FINAL at the time of purchase.
MonogramOrders and Details
Please take time to review all personalized details before confirming your order. Once your personalized/monogram orders are confirmed in store or online, they are made to order and are therefore FINAL. Orders cannot be altered, canceled or refunded once they have been placed.
HandPicked Merchandise Exchange Policy
For additional reference, the receipt information from the store is below. Merchandise Exchange Policy Unworn Jewelry items within 14 days of purchase with tag attached and receipt. Unworn Wearables within 7 days of purchase with tag attached and receipt. Items must be in original, unworn condition with tags attached for exchange and the original receipt must be provided. Worn items will not be accepted for exchange. Monogram Orders, Gift Cards, Special Orders, and Sale Items above 40% off are FINAL SALE. Special Sales including BOGO, Free Gift and other offers will be taken into account with exchanges. Store Credits must be used within 60 days of issue. Gift Cards expire 5 years from the issue date. An annual service fee for inactivity may apply up to 10% of total balance. Gift Cards issued prior to 2017 are no longer valid. Answers to Store Exchanges Frequently asked questions:
- HandPicked has an Exchange Only policy. The guidelines apply for all online and in store exchanges.
- HandPicked does not offer refunds of any kind.
- Can I return worn merchandise?
- Unfortunately you may not. This is gross and not cool! Do you want to buy something that has already been worn? All online and store exchange items must be in their original, unworn condition with the tags attached in original packaging. If the item has been worn, no exchange. This applies to online and in-store products.
- How long do I have to make an exchange?
- As a small boutique, we want to accommodate our customers and promote a healthy selling life cycle for our product. Exchanges will be accepted within 14 days of original purchase for unworn, unused jewelry items and within 7 days for unworn wearables and other qualifying items.
- Can I get a refund?
- HandPicked does not offer refunds on any confirmed purchase which means Merchandise Exchange or Store Credit is the available option if you are not fully satisfied with your qualifying purchase.
- Can I exchange a monogram item?
- It is the responsibility of the customer to confirm the accuracy of the monogram details when they place a monogram order and once the order is placed for personalized items, All Sales are Final. No Exchanges.
- Will I be refunded for online shipping charges with an exchange?
- The original shipping and handling on online purchases is not refundable nor are these fees credited in an exchange or store credit.
- Do Store credits expire?
- Yes, we want to get you into your New HandPicked jewelry and accessories as quickly as possible so your STORE CREDIT will expire 60 Days from the issue date. At HandPicked, we receive new merchandise weekly which gives you 12 weeks of new styles to find something you will love or you can work with us to special order an item just for you.
- How do I complete an Online exchange?
- To exchange any item in your order, please send the item back to the customers service returns department at: HandPicked Returns Department, 270 Harbison Blvd, Columbia, SC 29212.
- You may also exchange an online items at the local HandPicked Store located at the address above. Please have your order number and/or your original packing list and ensure the exchange guidelines above are met. If stopping by the local store, these things will avoid any processing delays. If you need a copy of your invoice, you can look up your account online or check your email history
Defective or Damaged Items, Other Order Concerns
If you receive a damaged item in shipping or have an issue with your HandPicked order, we want to help resolve it as efficiently as possible. Notify us right away and send a picture of the order damage issue to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of receiving your package.
- HandPicked will provide information on next steps regarding your concern once we receive your email. It is important that we are notified right away if there is an issue with your package. HandPicked will provide a solution to your concern as quickly as possible depending on the circumstances. In your email, please let us know the nature of the damage or issue to allow us the best opportunity of handling the situation professionally and efficiently.
Notification of any item issue or concern after the 48 hour window will be handled fairly on a case by case basis, however it will fall under the normal customer damage or exchange policies of HandPicked above. If there is a shipping or delivery damage/issue that is not reported more than 48 hours of the delivery date, HandPicked will not be able to assist in resolving the matter. We are always happy to help provide local options for minor jewelry repair or help you find an affordable replacement for worn/damaged items after 14 days of wear. Please see jewelry care for additional tips on how to properly care for your HandPicked Jewelry.
Thank you again for Shopping HandPicked!